Modern Document Library Reference
Many companies are migrating to Office 365 and SharePoint Online because Office 365 brings many benefits such as reduced infrastructure costs, 1TB of online storage for all licensed users, and a clean modern interface that is great for mobile workers and, much more. While Office 365 does bring many benefits, some users may be put off by the new SharePoint Online (SPO) document library interface. In this blog post we will describe the different parts of the Modern Library experience. We will use the example below as an example.
- This is the Office 365 App Launcher. Pressing this icon will show all of the the available Office 365 application currently available to the user.
- Oppisite from the App Launcher, is the Notifications and settings area
- Below the App Launcher is the Search box. This allows the user to search the site
- Opposite from the Search box is the Follow and Share Library icons.
- This is the SIte Navigation area. This menu will change over time with site use
- This is the new library toolbar
- Above the list of documents are where any pinned documents are displayed.
- Below the pinned documents is the list of documents
- When a user selects a document, you will see a vertical ellipse, this is the Show Edit Menu
- Another view option available to the user is the Preview and Information pane.
- This Preview Pane is activated by the toggle icon on the library toolbar.
Microsoft will continue to roll out updates and enhancements with an eye towards usability and manageability. For more information on coming changes to the SharePoint Modern experience please visit this Microsoft blog post
Questions? Please send your questions or make an appointment today for a consult via email to firstname.lastname@example.org